CRANE Data Dictionary & Data Collection Forms
Click on the image below to download your copy of the CRANE Data Dictionary
This document (above) provides information on all data items collected by the CRANE Database.
Last updated July 2023:
- Updates to the Database to reflect that CRANE is now a UK-wide audit. To reflect, for example, that Patient’s NHS/CHI number is now collected.
Previous key updates – 2021-23:
- Developmental Defects of Enamel (DDE) at 5 and 10 years of age: This dental health outcome information, has been collected since May 2022. Amendments to DDE collection were made in July 2022, and March 2023.
- Collection of ‘Syndromes’ via drop down menus: To allow the recording of a syndrome or congenital abnormality for consented cases. .
- Collection of information on ethnic group: From the 1 April 2021, in line with the mandatory recording of ethnicity within National Clinical Databases. In response to one of the eight key actions set out in July 2020 as part of the NHS response to COVID-19. To help clinicians, provider organisations and commissioners understand and address health inequality.
The data collected by the CRANE Database is also detailed in CRANE Data Collection Forms on:
- Patient registration (Form 1), and outcomes (Form 2). These are available to download below.
If you have any queries about the audit, please contact us.
Copyright © 2023 CRANE | Lovingly Crafted by Mixd