Help us with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliance
Keep us up-to-date with key contacts within your cleft service
We will be in touch twice a year to check that the contact information that we hold for members of your cleft service is correct.
This is to ensure that we are General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliant and are not keeping old emails on record, or missing out new team members – especially those responsible for Information Governance (IG) within your team and Trust.
We hold contact information for people who we have on record as stakeholders working within, and in collaboration with, cleft services
- Our stakeholders include CRANE Database users, CDG members, Clinical Excellence Network (CEN) leads, and people who have asked to receive our Newsletter. All flagged in our records appropriately. We use the contact details we hold for them for the sole purpose of conducting this national audit.
- We have no way of knowing about changes within cleft services – to ensure relevant members receive news about audit deadlines and publications – unless we check or are told directly by their team.
Tell us when staff have left your team and should no longer be allowed to access your team’s CRANE Database records
Once we are informed of this, we can cancel the staff members account, and ensure that we are GDPR compliant with regards to access to patient records.
Tell us about new staff joining your team who need access to the CRANE Database
We have been asked to clarify how this works. Here are the key steps:
- Please ask new staff joining your team to ‘Request an Account’ via our website.
- To ensure we are being GDPR complaint, we will contact the cleft team (where the request originated) to confirm the request has come from a legitimate member of your team.
- This email will usually be directed to cleft team coordinators and data managers, and copy in the colleague responsible for Information Governance within your team / Trusts (e.g. Clinical Director / Medical Director).
- Bearing this in mind, please do keep us up-to-date with key contact within your cleft team and trust.
- We are then able to amend our record accordingly, and set up the new staff member’s CRANE Database user account.
For further information about the CRANE Database or to contact us with any queries, please get in touch by phone or email:
Copyright © 2021 CRANE | Lovingly Crafted by Mixd